The U.S. Poultry and Egg Association, USPOULTRY, is the world’s largest most active poultry organization and represents the entire U.S. industry. Members include producers and processors of broilers, turkeys, ducks, eggs, and breeding stock, as well as allied companies worldwide.
The association can trace its roots back to the late 1940s as a regional association and represents its members through research, education, communications and technical services.
The association has as its mission statement:
- To partner with state affiliates and national organizations to augment and influence each other’s efforts in attacking common problems, avoiding duplication;
- To be committed to the advancement of research and education in poultry science and biotechnology;
- To ensure the International Poultry Expo is the world’s premier poultry exposition;
- To always be responsive and effective to the changing needs of the industry;
- To increase the availability and constant improvement of the quality and safety of poultry products; and
- To promote responsible practices in animal care and environmental stewardship.
A research grants program administered by the association encompasses all its members’ activities, and currently US$2.7 million is invested in ongoing research. Food safety is a high priority for the association, and to this end, it develops and supports programs that help to ensure the safety and quality of U.S. poultry meat and egg products. The association also has an environmental program.
USPOULTRY also sponsors industry specific education and training programs, and maintains technical resources that address key industry issues.
Its communication and public relations arm not only acts to inform members and the public at large, but also promotes the International Poultry Expo, which is the main source of income for the non-profit organization, around the globe. In early 2012, the association adopted a new logo (see above).
For more information, go to: www.uspoultry.org