Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has appointed nine members and nine alternates to the American Egg Board for the 2012–2013 term.
The Secretary of Agriculture selects appointees from egg producers nominated by organizations representing the egg industry. Reappointed members and alternates, by region, are:
- North Atlantic – Paul D. Sauder, Lititz, Pa., member; Karyn M. Kreher, Clarence, N.Y., alternate
- South Atlantic – K. Jacques Klempf, Jacksonville, Fl., member; Larry R. Thomason, Calhoun, Ga., member; Richard L. Simpson, Monroe, N.C., alternate
- East North Central – Gregory S. Herbruck, Saranac, Mich., member; Thomas A. Stoller, Van Wert, Ohio, alternate
- West North Central – Scott T. Ramsdell, Flandreau, S.D., member; Amos Baer, Lake Park, Minn., alternate
- South Central – Brian V. Joyer, New Hampton, Iowa, member; Richard R. Hall, Massena, Iowa, alternate; Gregory B. Nelson, Manhattan, Kan., alternate
- Western states – Clint L. Hickman, Buckeye, Ariz., member; Roger D. Deffner, Everett, Wash., member; Craig A Willardson, Norco, Calif., alternate; Mark G. Oldenkamp, Woodburn, Ore., alternate
Newly appointed members and alternates, by region, are:
- South Atlantic – C. Jeff Hardin, Jackson, Miss., alternate
- South Central – Diane M. Sparish, Minnetonka, Minn., member
Vilsack also named S. Scott Horton, Gillsville, Ga., alternate, to fill a vacancy in the South Atlantic states. This appointment will complete a vacant board member term expiring on Dec. 31.