Nearly 60 members of the American Feed Industry Association’s board of directors got together for their annual spring meeting in the Washington, D.C. area during the week of May 14, welcoming a new chairman, Alan Gunderson with Vita Plus, and 16 new directors to the board. They also elected six new members to the organization’s executive committee.
The board voted to accept the nomination of Jeff Cannon, with Diamond V Mills, to become chairman-elect of the organization. Cannon will succeed Gunderson in May 2013. The following individuals were elected to three-year terms on the American Feed Industry Association board and began their service with the May meeting:
- Shawn Atkins, Anitox Corp.
- Michael Blair, Pilgrim's Pride Corp.
- Timothy Bodine, PerforMix Nutrition Systems LLC
- Bruce Crutcher, Trouw Nutrition USA LLC
- Gregory Duerksen, Kincannon & Reed
- Philip Greene, Foster Farms
- Gregg Griffin, Glanbia Nutritionals
- Gerald May, Kemin AgriFoods North America
- Daniel Meagher, NOVUS International Inc.
- Robert Norton, Biozyme Inc.
- Donald Orr, JBS United Inc.
- Ludger Roedder, BASF Corporation
- Michael Van Koevering, Elanco Animal Health
- Jason Vickers, Proctor & Gamble Pet Care
- Edward Wells, Milk Specialties
- Alan Wessler, MFA Inc.
The following individuals were elected to the executive committee:
- Bill Braman, Chr. Hansen
- Gary Cooper, Cooper Farms Inc.
- Diane Loiselle, Hill’s Pet Nutrition
- Paul Phillips, Maxi-Lift
- Chad Risley, Lucta USA Inc.
- Dean Warras, Prince Agri Products Inc.
The next board of directors meeting will be held Oct. 24–25, in Sausalito, Calif.