The award recognizes poultry and egg farmers taking a leadership position in environmental stewardship. Applicants were rated in several categories, including dry litter, liquid manure management, nutrient management planning, community involvement, wildlife enhancement techniques, and participation and education outreach programs.
The winners are as follows:
- North Central Region Winner: Bill and Janet Kanapke, Meiring Poultry Farm
- Northeast Region Winner: Craig and Nancy Miller, Miller Farm
- South Central Region Winner: David and Jo Warnke, Warnke Farm
- Southeast Region Winner: Gary and Denise Staple, White Acres Farms
- Southwest Region Winner: Ramiro and Ruth Rosales, Texas Pride Poultry
- West Region Winner: Jeff, Cindy, Mark, Derek and Kyle Cederlind, Cederlind Farms