Fran's Fryers, Milford, Texas, is recalling approximately 251 pounds of various raw Fran's Fryers poultry products because they were produced without the benefit of federal inspection. The Fran's Fryers recall was announced November 13 by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS).
The following Fran's Fryers products are subject to recall:
- 2-pound. packages of "Boneless Dark 2# Chicken Leg Meat"
- 2-pound and 5-pound packages of "Chicken Breast Tenders"
- 3-pound and 5-pound packages of "Chicken Bone In Breast"
- 5-pound packages of "Ground Turkey 5#"
- 5-pound packages of "Cut Up Fryer"
- 5-pound packages of "Whole Fryers"
Each package bears the establishment number "P 20784" inside the USDA mark of inspection. The products were produced on November 11, and shipped to retail establishments in Texas. The problem occurred due to a miscommunication between the company and FSIS inspection program personnel assigned to the establishment regarding the need for inspection coverage on Veterans Day, a federal holiday. The company produced product without the presence of inspection program personnel.
FSIS has received no reports of illness due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an illness should contact a health care provider.