Join us for a webcast in which poultry industry stakeholders examine consumer attitudes about poultry and the challenge of building consumer trust. Where does poultry stand with consumers and what must be done to strengthen their trust in poultry and the companies that produce it?
Presented by WATT Global Media and sponsored by Zoetis, the panel discussion is scheduled for Thursday, April 10, 9 a.m. CT / 10 a.m. ET. Register to attend.
Panelists will address issues involving:
- Corporate social responsibility
- Food safety
- Animal well-being
- Transparency in processes and products
- Food labeling
- Third-party inspection
- The role of brands and consumer education
- Dr. Bruce Stewart-Brown, Senior Vice President, Food Safety, Quality and Live Operations, Perdue Farms, is responsible for the food safety, quality and live operations for Perdue Farms and the Perdue and other Perdue company brands.
- Dr. Michael Doyle, Director, Center for Food Safety, University of Georgia, is Regents Professor of Food Microbiology at the College of Agricultural Sciences, University of Georgia.
- Mr. Alan Sterling, Director of Marketing, Wayne Farms, is responsible for marketing at the nation's sixth largest broiler producer.
- Dr. Carl Heeder, Senior Technical Service Veterinarian, Zoetis, has veterinary experience at Jennie-O Turkey Store and Michael Foods in the turkey and commercial layer businesses.
- Mr. Rich Kottmeyer, Managing Director, Strategic, a food, agricultural and retail consultancy, consults for Accenture in global agriculture and food production with an emphasis on customer experiences and interaction.