A Koch Foods employee was fatally electrocuted on July 2 while unloading grain from a truck at a poultry farm in Etowa, Tennessee. The victim was identified as Billy Dougherty, 63, Kingsport, Tennessee.

"We think he was in the process of swinging the boom up towards the silo when it made contact with the electrical wires," McMinn County Sheriff Joe Guy told WTVC-TV.

Co-workers on the scene tried unsuccessfully to assist Dougherty. Personnel from the Englewood and Etowah rural fire departments, along with AMR EMS medical services and the McMinn County Sheriff’s Department, responded to the incident.

Advertisement

The accident caused an explosion and fire, while leaving nearby residents without electricity for about 30 minutes. Power was restored after the fire was extinguished.