According to a report in the United Egg Producers newsletter, the Humane Society of the United States has recently released their scorecard of legislators supporting HSUS issues. Eighteen senators from 13 states received a perfect score.
Senators receiving the 100 grade are:
- Sen. Boxer, D-Calif. and Sen. Feinstein, D-Calif.
- Sen. Dodd, D-Conn. and Sen. Lieberman, I-Conn.
- Sen Carper, D-Del.
- Sen. Akaka, D-Hawaii
- Sen. Durbin, D-Ill.
- Sen. Collins, R-Maine and Sen. Snowe, R-Maine
- Sen. Kerry, D-Mass.
- Sen. Levin, D-Mich.
- Sen. Lautenberg, D-N.J. and Sen. Menendez, D-N.J.
- Sen. Brown, D-Ohio
- Sen. Reed, D-R.I.
- Sen. Leahy, D-Vt. and Sen. Sanders, D-Vt.
- Sen. Cantwell, D-Wash.
Senators from both East and West Coast states predominate the list and the political leaders represent 18% of the Senate. Only two Midwest senators are apparently in accord with HSUS policies.