on November 17, 2014
156,000 attended EuroTier in Germany
30,000 attended from outside Germany
- 2,360 exhibitors from 49 countries presented a comprehensive range of products and services to the animal husbandry sector.
- EuroTier welcomed around 30,000 visitors from abroad. The Netherlands (3,800) provided the highest number of international visitors, followed by Austria (2,000), Finland (1,300), Switzerland (1,200), Poland (1,200), the U.K. (1,100), France (1,100), Denmark (1,000), Belgium (950) and Russia (900).
- Among the highlights of the event were the international events for the dairy and pig farmers and the International Poultry Day, which was held the day before EuroTier started. These were attended by around 1,000 industry professionals from all over the world. The conferences and forums also offered opportunities for sharing views and best practice.
- The changing needs of society are having a huge impact on the development strategies pursued by livestock farmers. The numerous information events at EuroTier provided a platform for the industry to discuss a variety of perspectives on modern productive animal husbandry with groups representing different areas of society.
- The “Young Farmers Day” on Thursday was attended by thousands of young farmers, schoolchildren and students from Germany and abroad, who took advantage of the various events on offer at EuroTier. EuroTier's “Young Farmers Party” was attended by around 2,500 people.
The next EuroTier will take place from November 15-18, 2016, in Hanover.