Advertisement

News and analysis on the global poultry
and animal feed industries.
on October 13, 2008

Tyson to invest $2 to $4 million in Indian joint venture

Citing Tyson Foods Chairman John Tyson, the reports said that Tyson’s investment will be used for developing and marketing products for the joint venture that will deliver processed and value-added poultry products.

Over the next year, Tyson Foods will invest $2 to $4 million in Godrej Tyson Foods, its Indian joint venture with Godrej Agrovet, according to published reports.

Tyson Foods holds a 51 percent stake in the venture, and Godrej Agrovet, a unit of Godrej Industries, owns the remaining 49 percent stake.

Godrej Tyson Foods sells processed chicken brand Real Good and ready-to-eat foods like chicken sausages under the Yummiez brand. Regarding India's potential, Tyson said, "(Poultry) is usually the low-cost protein in the marketplace, whether it is compared to mutton, beef or pork. There will come a desire to add more protein (as incomes rise)."
Comments powered by Disqus