The 2015 PIC Symposium, with the theme "Value in the Hands of the Customer,” was acclaimed a great success by the audience of more than 250 representatives from China's top pig producers and pork integrations. The event was held October 11 in Nanjing, China.
Senior speakers from both PIC and the Chinese pig industry shared their latest information:
- Jerry Thompson, Genus APAC COO: PIC – Never stop improving
- He Qiaoguan, executive vice president of Shennong: Introduction to Shennong’s integrated business and how it has achieved 30 PSY
- Liu Congmin, technical service manager, PIC China: Biosecurity and health assurance review;
- Dan Tucker, global health assurance advisor of PIC and professor of veterinary medicine at Cambridge University: Economic impact of respiratory disease
- Liang Zhigang, health assurance manager, PIC China: Maximizing high-value boars’ impact;
- PJ Corns, PIC global supply chain: Key production economic drivers
- David Casey, PIC China key account director and global genetic services manager: What is the value of a high indexing boar
- Pan Chenjun, senior industry analyst of Rabobank: Growth opportunities of China swine industry in a challenging environment
A tradition now, the PIC Symposium is built every year as a communication platform for Chinese pork industry players on production practice sharing and genetic updates.
Commenting on the event, Catalin Lapuste, PIC China operations director, said: “We always try to bring the most practical presentations to the stage and share information which our partners can use to support and develop their business. At PIC, it is all about our customers. That is why we invite them to speak and share their experience every year. We had in the room partners which just joined the PIC family but also long-term ones. ... What brings us together is the element of trust, passion for this industry and drive for top performances.”