The best industry meetings drive progress today. The 2016 Banff Pork Seminar, Jan. 12 to 14, celebrates 45 years of doing just that as the premiere event in the pork industry.
There are many reasons to attend the 2016 event. Here are six highlights.
- Hear the most powerful speaker in the world on farm animal care—Dr. Temple Grandin's work has revolutionized farm animal care. For that she has graced the cover of TIME Magazine, talked to the world from the stage of major Hollywood awards shows about the movie on her life, and been honored many times. In her usual forthright and clear fashion she will be speaking at BPS 2016 on how consumers view animal welfare.
- The emerging power of Brazilian pork production—Rui Eduardo Saldanha Vargas of the Brazilian Association of Animal Protein talks pork production and opportunities for one of Canada's global competitors.
- The new world of swine health and genomics—One breakout session deals with an innovative project to identify animals that are genetically more resilient to disease and opportunities to select for enhanced resilience. Key players from the research project will present results and address opportunities in this new frontier in research.
- Using antibiotics responsibly—Producers are changing how they use antibiotics. At BPS 2016 they can learn the latest tips on responsible antibiotic use, and learn how to get into antibiotic free production systems and manage once you are in it.
- The Boar Pit returns—The seminar ends with top speakers tackling the most dynamic topics of the day in a moderated but free-flowing, fun environment. There will be time allotted for questions from the floor
- Networking in a world-renowned location—The seminar moves to the Banff Springs Hotel. It and the Banff area are known globally for their beauty. Great social events, plenty of personal time are all included as part of the networking opportunity.
Early registration and hotel accommodation deadlines are approaching quickly. Full program details and registration information is available at the Seminar website www.banffpork.ca.
Get complete coverage in a Special Meeting Report of the 2016 Banff Pork Seminar, presented by communications partner Meristem. Find the special report link on the Seminar site home page or directly on the www.meristem.com home page.