Advertisement

News and analysis on the global poultry
and animal feed industries.
on September 22, 2008

Finland: Suomen Rehu gets new ownership

Full ownership of Finland’s largest feed manufacturer, Suomen Rehu, has been acquired by the Hankkija-Maatalous agricultural trade arm of SOK Corp.

Full ownership of Finland’s largest feed manufacturer, Suomen Rehu, has been acquired by the Hankkija-Maatalous agricultural trade arm of SOK Corp., itself part of Finnish cooperative enterprises conglomerate S Group. Suomen Rehu has feed factories in Finland and Latvia and produced around 720,000 tons of feed in 2007.

Hankkija-Maatalous had purchased 51 percent of its shares in early 2007 from former owner, food group Lännen Tehtaat, with the option of taking the other 49 percent. Hankkija now plans to merge the Suomen Rehu feed operations with the on going Hankkija business from the beginning of 2009. The Suomen Rehu brand will, however, remain in use. A 19 percent stake in Hankkija-Maatalous was aquired in April 2006 by phosphates supplier Kemira GrowHow, now part of Yara. 

Comments powered by Disqus