NPFDA announces 2016-2017 scholarship winners
The National Poultry & Food Distributors Association Scholarship Foundation has awarded $12,500 to five students
Every year, the NPFDA Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships to five outstanding students who are enrolled full-time pursuing an agriculture, poultry or food science (related) degree. The NPFDA Scholarship Foundation was established in 1979. Since that time, the Foundation has awarded almost $220,000 in scholarships to outstanding students.
The NPFDA Scholarship Foundation, Inc. is entering its 37th year of assistance to help build "People Resources" for the poultry and food industries. It is the foundation’s goal not only to help students achieve their degrees, but to help students who may become effective leaders in the industry one day.
The 2016-2017 NPFDA Scholarship winners are:
- Brooke Davis, Animal & Veterinary Science, Clemson University-Albin S. Johnson Memorial Scholarship
- Trevor Lee, Poultry Science & Minor in Agribusiness, Auburn University-William Manson Family Memorial Scholarship
- Carson Buzhardt, Agribusiness, Clemson University-Alfred Schwartz Memorial Scholarship
NPFDA Employees and Families Scholarship Winners
- Jake Tench, Ag Business & Ag Econ, University of Georgia (Father is with Mar-Jac)
- Andrew Brown, Poultry Science, Mississippi State University (Father is with Peco Foods)
The Foundation chooses an Alternate student to receive a partial scholarship if another award recipient does not use all of his/her funds (i.e. early graduation). This year’s alternate is Erica Rogers, Agricultural Economics, University of Kentucky.