Farmland hosts ‘Bacon Day at the K’
Royals legend Mike Sweeney is partnering with Farmland to celebrate International Bacon Day on Sept. 3 at Kansas City's Kauffman Stadium
To celebrate International Bacon Day on Sept. 3, Farmland and Royals Hall of Famer Mike Sweeney are hosting "Bacon Day at the K" (Kauffman Stadium). Farmland, a brand of Smithfield Foods, will take over the stadium during the Kansas City-Detroit game, giving baseball fans a chance to meet Sweeney and experience features such as a Sluggerrr bacon sculpture, bacon baseball trivia, extreme bacon recipes, free samples, a Salvador Perez bobblehead giveaway and more. Plus, a few lucky fans will get to "bring home the bacon" with a year's supply of free Farmland bacon.
"At Farmland, International Bacon Day is one of the most exciting days of the year," said Diana Souder, director of public relations for Smithfield Foods. "We know how passionate Kansas City locals are about food and baseball, so we're happy to unite them both and celebrate our favorite holiday with the Royals at the K."
"The only thing that makes a Royals game even more exciting to watch is having my favorite foods to snack on while I cheer on the team," said Sweeney. "It's no secret that I love bacon almost as much as I love being back at the K, so I can't wait to kick off the festivities this weekend."
More on extras for game-day attendees:
- Meet Sweeney before he throws out the ceremonial first pitch. He is a five-time All-Star and the 26th member of the KC team’s Hall of Fame.
- Sluggerrr Bacon Sculpture made entirely of Farmland bacon. The fan who correctly guess how many strips make up the sculpture will take home a year's worth of the company's bacon.
- Sizzle-n-Snap Farmland Bacon Photo Booth in addition to photo with Sluggerrr sculpture is not enough. The photo booth will feature bacon props and social media sharing capabilities.
- Extreme Ba-Concessions & Giveaways include free samples of crispy and chewy bacon upon entering the stadium as well as a Salvador Perez bobblehead and rally signs.
- Give back to the community with half of Royals Charities 50/50 Raffle going to Harvesters — The Community Food Network. The winner takes home a 365-day supply of the company's product. Farmland will also match the raffle proceeds by donating up to 25,000 pounds of protein to the local food bank.
To buy Kansas City Royals vs. Detroit Tiger tickets and experience Farmland "Bacon Day at the K," visit http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/ticketing.