Animal ag sustainability summit to be held at IPPE
The meeting will focus on communicating the industry’s sustainability efforts with consumers, suppliers, stakeholders
The ninth annual Animal Agriculture Sustainability Summit will be held during the 2017 International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) in Atlanta. The Summit, sponsored by the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association, will focus on communicating the animal agriculture sector’s sustainability efforts with consumers, suppliers and industry stakeholders. The Summit is a half-day program and will be held on Jan. 31. The program is free for all registered IPPE attendees.
Topics to be covered include:
- What is Sustainable Agriculture and How Do You Demonstrate It?
- Collaborating with Famers to Advance the Sustainability of Their Farm
- An Industry Success Story on Achieving Zero Landfill Status
- Striving to Become More Sustainable—Establishing Value Chain Partnerships to Grow Purina’s Sustainability Culture
- Agriculture and the Chesapeake Bay: Working Together for Profitable Agriculture and Healthy Waters.
The Summit will end with a ceremony announcing the winners of USPOULTRY’s Family Farm Environmental Excellence Awards for 2017.
IPPE, the world's largest annual poultry, feed and meat industry trade show, will be held Jan. 31 – Feb. 2. IPPE is a collaboration of three trade shows— the International Feed Expo, International Poultry Expo and International Meat Expo—representing the entire chain of protein production and processing. The event is sponsored by the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association, American Feed Industry Association and the North American Meat Institute.
For more information about the Animal Agriculture Sustainability Summit, click here. For more information about IPPE, including registration details, lodging and other education offerings, go to www.ippexpo.org.