Aviagen to showcase broad portfolio of premium poultry breeding stock at IPPE
The company will also host a Spanish-language customer technical seminar on maximizing poultry industry efficiency
World poultry genetics leader Aviagen will celebrate 64 years of showcasing an extensive portfolio of choice breeding stock at the 2017 International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) Jan. 31- Feb. 2. Aviagen will join more than 1,300 exhibitors and 30,000 attendees from 140+ countries at the expo in Atlanta.
Located in booth B6721, Aviagen will feature the poultry industry’s broadest selection of broiler breeding stock. Aviagen products are designed to address a full spectrum of demands posed by global markets, which include the fast food, retail grocery, whole bird and live bird segments, plus the specialized slower-growing, organic and free-range niche sectors.
Aviagen will accentuate its continued success through a "Global Reach, Local Touch" business approach. Aviagen’s expanding global enterprise encompasses a team of nearly 4,000 dedicated and highly skilled employees, along with offices, production facilities and export bases spanning six continents. From these export locations, a consistent supply of high-quality breeding stock is distributed to customers in more than 100 countries. Helping valued customers succeed are local service-minded experts who work together with them to promote their success through continuous progress in efficiency and performance.
Aviagen CEO Jan Henriksen shares his thoughts on the importance of IPPE to the company. “We look forward each year to gathering at IPPE with our customers and colleagues in the industry – sharing knowledge and information with them, exploring the latest industry trends and innovations and further strengthening our common bonds. Our solid long-term relationships with poultry professionals in every corner of the world make up the cornerstone of our business.”
Major 2016 developments illustrated the company’s mission to lead globally, while forging strong local relationships. 2016 saw the largest-ever single order of Ross 308 in Almaria, Saudi Arabia. Widespread investments and facility expansions in 2016 served to extend Aviagen’s “global reach” by enhancing the efficiency and security of its supply to meet a growing demand, as well as its “local touch,” boosting service to local markets. All new Aviagen facilities boast increased capacities plus advanced technology design for optimum production efficiency, biosecurity and bird welfare.
In addition to increasing production capacities, these global production investments support local economies and communities by adding jobs and subscribing to specialized support services. Examples include:
- A new feed processing facility in Sallisaw, Okla.
- A new hatchery in Watertown, N.Y., just south of the Canadian border, is strategically positioned to better serve Canadian customers, while its proximity to New York’s JFK airport will enhance global exports.
- New hatchery development for Aviagen Kft in Hungary is strategically located to better serve the growing demand from customers in the region.
- Increased capacity of its Stratford, U.K., hatchery
- A new high-capacity hatchery in Australia demonstrates Aviagen’s confidence in the future potential of the Australian poultry industry and supports global exports from Australia.
- Groundbreaking for a new hatchery in Spain
- Aviagen LLC in Russia celebrates six years of production for its hatchery in Yasnogorsk, during which the number of customers it supplies to throughout Russia has doubled, while the local farming base has grown substantially.
- A modern 43,056-square-foot hatchery features the latest advances in hatchery design and technology opened in Brazil in 2016 and will service all countries in Latin America.
- To optimize Brazilian hatcheries with the latest and most efficient technology available, Aviagen Latin America is refurbishing Brazil’s PS hatcheries
Educating future poultry professionals
A variety of 2016 schools and seminars around the world are designed to help customers optimize quality, efficiency, performance and profit. Schools such as the first Aviagen school in India continually provide venues for information sharing and relationship building between Aviagen and its multinational customer base.
“Connecting with customers IPPE” offers an opportunity for invaluable meetings and interactions with customers. On Jan. 30 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Aviagen Latin American will host a Spanish-language customer event called “Technical Seminar to Maximize Poultry Industry Efficiency.” Covering the following key topics, the event will offer opportunities for improvement in areas such as rearing, incubation, egg management and health:
- Dr. Rodrigo Espinosa, Regional Technical Service Veterinarian for North and Latin America, will address "Broiler production without antibiotic use."
- Dr. Marcelo Silva, Nutritionist for Aviagen in Latin America will present a "Feeding plan to achieve optimum PS production."