Following its Annual Meeting on March 8, the American Egg Board (AEB) announced its 2017 Executive Committee. Jeff Hardin, Flatonia, Texas, will serve as the 2017–2018 AEB Chairman.
Joining Chairman Hardin on the Executive Committee are:
- Vice Chairman, Steve George, Malcom, Iowa
- Recording Secretary, Tom Hertzfeld II, Grand Rapids, Ohio
- Treasurer, Karyn Kreher, Clarence, N.Y.
- Member at Large, Bob Krouse, Mentone, Ind.
- Member at Large, Mark Oldenkamp, Woodburn, Ore.
- Immediate Past Chairman, Blair Van Zetten, Oskaloosa, Iowa
New board members include:
- Member, Bob Johnson, Wakefield, Neb.
- Alternate, Mike Elliott, Minnetonka, Minn.
- Alternate, Robert Saverance, Lamar, S.C.
- Alternate, Lake Wagner, Abingdon, Va.
The newly elected Officers, Board, AEB President & CEO Anne L. Alonzo and Chairman Hardin will oversee growth-focused marketing programs to increase demand for eggs and egg products.
“During the last year, the AEB—driven by producers’ input and executed by staff—redoubled efforts in marketing areas with the largest upside potential: Millennials, Multicultural, Active & Healthy Lifestyle, Schools and Exports,” Alonzo says. “In addition to the AEB’s growth pillars, our core marketing efforts remain central within all AEB’s programing, including those related to Easter, Quick-Service Restaurants, Egg Products and more.”
Alonzo adds that she appreciates the dedication of the outgoing leadership team members, who served as incredible guideposts during her first year working for the Board. “I look forward to working with new leadership and hope that everyone in the industry will take a few minutes to view our latest Recap Sizzle Video, debuted at the annual meeting and highlighting recent programming.”