Asda was honored as the British Poultry Retailer of the Year.
The award was presented September 18 at the British Poultry Awards 2017 in front of over 200 industry leaders, including retail buyers, manufacturers and farmers.
The event included the presentation of awards to winners of industry categories ranging from Best Fresh Duck Product to Foodservice Operator of the Year.
With the recognition, Asda has the opportunity to carry the endorsement on its entire range of everyday fresh poultry cuts for a period of 12 months, while all winners will benefit from a dedicated logo to use on its advertising campaigns.
In addition to winning Retailer of the Year, Asda took home the prize for Best Fresh Turkey Product with its Butchers Selection Turkey Burgers with Chilli. Asda was highly praised for its enthusiasm for the event and for having a large selection of British Poultry products and oven ready dishes.
Other awards presented included:
- Student Chef of the Year – Danny Francomb, Hackney College
- Best Recipe Blogger – Monika Dabrowski, EverydayHealthyRecipes.com
- Best Ready to Eat – Aldi British Fajita Pulled Chicken
- Best Fresh Specialty Poultry Product – Lidl Fen Farm Norfolk Hand-Plucked and Game-Hung Free-Range Bronze Turkey
- Best Fresh Duck Product – Gressingham Duck Breast with Cherry and Hoisin Sauce
- Best Fresh Chicken Product – Morrisons Green Thai Style Diced Chicken Breast
- Best Fresh Seasonal Product, Summer Eating – M&S Mango and Coconut Chicken Flatties
- Best Fresh Whole Turkey, Christmas – Copas Free-Range Organic Bronze Game-Hung Turkey
- Best Seasonal Product, Christmas – Gressingham Easy Carve Duck with Pork, Oranges and Apricot
- Best Foodservice Poultry Product – UK Foodhall Cooked Chicken Breast Filet
- Foodservice Operator of the Year – Mitchells & Butlers