Aviagen, the world’s leading poultry breeding company, has just revealed the winners of its 2016 Flock Awards.
Each year, Aviagen recognizes North American customers who have achieved commendable performance with Aviagen’s premier Ross 708 and Ross 308 broiler breeding hens. In separate ceremonies, Aviagen awarded the seven gold and four silver in the categories of “Top Egg Producer,” “Top Hatching Eggs”, “Top Chicks” and “Top Hatch.”
Ross performance potential, management excellence – a winning combination Aviagen began the Flock Award program in 2014 to recognize customers who have tapped into the rich genetic potential of Ross broiler breeding stock through hard work, dedication and skillfull stockmanship. Since then, Aviagen has expanded the program with a greater number of achievement categories.
In some instances, the scores were close, with recipients winning by less than one point. Customer performance was evaluated based on 2016 flock performance records.
“We applaud the remarkable accomplishments of this year’s Flock Award recipients. Reaching the level of performance required for a Flock Award requires teamwork and strong leadership, along with exemplary flock management and husbandry skills,” explains Randall Vickery, Aviagen’s Regional Technical Sales manager.
Aviagen’s VP of Sales Frank Dougherty adds that Aviagen Customer Service works hand in hand with its customers during every phase of the production cycle to champion their success.
“Our regional North American service teams have built a positive and effective way of working with Ross customers. These established relationships, along with customer skill, teamwork and commitment, have resulted in impressive performance with Ross breeding stock,” remarks Dougherty.
The winning breeders obtained top scores in four performance areas: total eggs per hen housed to 65 weeks of age; hatching eggs per hen housed to 65 weeks; chicks per hen housed to 65 weeks and hatchability to 65 weeks.
First and second place achievers were recognized with gold and silver awards for Ross 708, while Ross 308 winners received gold awards.
The categories are defined as follows:
- Top Egg Producer – total eggs per hen housed to 65 weeks
- Top Hatching Eggs – hatching eggs her hen housed to 65 weeks
- Top Chicks – chicks per hen housed to 65 weeks
- Top Hatch – hatchability to 65 weeks
In separate ceremonies led by Aviagen representatives, the winners of the 2016 Flock Awards were presented with an engraved crystal egg to commemorate their accomplishments.
- Amick Farms, Monetta, S.C., takes home Ross 708 Gold as Top Egg Producer
- Wayne Farms, Danville, Ark., wins Ross 708 Silver for Top Egg Producer, Top Hatching Eggs
- Wayne Farms, North Ala., earns Ross 708 Silver for Top Chicks, Top Hatch
- Sanderson Farms, Kinston, N.C., gets Ross 708 Gold for Top Hatching Eggs, Top Hatch and Top Chicks
- Keith Smith, Hot Springs, Ark., achieves Ross 308 Gold for Top Egg Producer
- OK Foods, Fort Smith, Ark., is awarded Ross 308 Gold for Top Chicks, Top Hatching Eggs