Sanderson Farms is seeking to hire nearly 100 salaried team members for its newest poultry complex in Tyler, Texas. As the third largest poultry producer in the nation with operations spanning five states and 14 different communities, Sanderson Farms is a growing company with ample opportunities for employee advancement.

For those interested in pursuing employment with the Fortune 1000 company, Sanderson Farms is hosting a job fair from November 28-30 at the Skills Training Center on Tyler Junior College’s west campus. Job seekers can attend any of the three days, anytime from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m., to learn more about the various career opportunities available with the company.

Sanderson Farms representatives will be available at the job fair to answer questions regarding salaries, employment benefits and job responsibilities. Open positions are listed with Workforce Solutions of East Texas.

As a leader within the poultry industry with respect to employee compensation, Sanderson Farms’ team members are offered an outstanding salary and benefits package. The health care plans offered to employees are comprehensive and very affordable. Sanderson Farms’ health care benefits include medical coverage for individuals and families, free preventative care screenings, low deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums, as well as $15 copays for generic prescriptions. Sanderson Farms pays 75 percent of the cost of employee health premiums. The employee pays the remaining 25 percent as their premium.

Advertisement

Sanderson Farms’ benefits package also includes a 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan. Employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan after 90 days of employment. After the first year of employment, contributions are matched dollar-for-dollar by the company on the first three percent of pay, and 50 cents on the dollar for the next two percent of pay. Sanderson Farms also contributes to the Employee Stock Ownership Plan when approved by its Board of Directors. For fiscal year 2017, the Board of Directors authorized an $18 million contribution to the plan.

In addition to eight paid holidays, employees are eligible to earn up to 20 days of paid vacation time based on employee tenure. Sanderson Farms employees are also eligible for continuing education programs such as tuition reimbursement, including high school equivalency exams, after only one year of employment with the company.

Anyone interested in learning more about the career opportunities available with Sanderson Farms’ new Tyler, Texas poultry complex are encouraged to attend the job fair. The Skills Training Center is located at 1530 South SW Loop 323, Tyler, Texas 75701. For more information about Sanderson Farms, please visit their website at www.sandersonfarms.com.