Northeast semi-finalists announced in 2018 Eggland's Best "America's Best Recipe" contest
Eggland's Best calls on fans to help choose "Best in Region" winner
From coast to coast, Americans were encouraged to show off their hometown pride and submit recipes featuring Eggland's Best (EB) eggs combined with their favorite local ingredients or dishes for a chance to be named America's top recipe in Eggland's Best's 2018 "America's Best Recipe" Contest. Eggland's Best has announced the "Best in State" semi-finalist recipes from the Northeast.
Eggland's Best is now calling on all EB fans to help determine which Northeast recipe will be named "Best in Region," and have the chance to win the $10,000 Grand Prize. From now through July 3, consumers can visit the EB website and vote for their favorite Northeast recipe.
"After the first round of judging, we could not be more thrilled with the creative and delicious recipes we received," said Charlie Lanktree, CEO of Eggland's Best. "We heard from so many passionate fans about why Eggland's Best are the only eggs good enough for their recipes, and it was incredible to see the many ways our customers across the country enjoy EB eggs. We can't wait to see who America will vote for!"
From a sweet and salty New York Pretzel Everything Cheesecake to a unique twist on savory New Jersey pork roll, the "Best in State" recipes from the Northeast include:
- Connecticut: Maria B. – Harvest Apple Custard Crostata
- Delaware: Deborah S. – English/Thai Influenced Avocado Egg Salad
- Massachusetts: Pamela G. – Wicked Killahh Lobstahh and Herbaceous Cheese Quiche
- Maryland: Alonna A. – Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Fried Oysters
- Maine: Wayne H. – Holiday Morning French Toast
- New Hampshire: Judy C. – The Best Cheese Cake
- New Jersey: Suzanne B. – Jersey-Style Korean Pork Roll Bowls (Gluten-Free)
- New York: Chanel L. – New York City Pretzel Everything Cheesecake
- Pennsylvania: Christine F. – Fried Eggs with Mushroom, Lentil Hash over Cheesy Polenta Squares
- Rhode Island: Stacey P. – Donut Bread Pudding with Coffee Milk Whipped Cream
- Vermont: Angela G. – Pineapple Upside Down Omelet Cups
- Washington D.C.: Colleen O. – Best Brunch Crab Casserole
Once the "Best in Region" recipes are announced, fans will once again be asked to take part in some friendly competition and vote for the recipe they believe should be the Grand Prize Winner and earn the title of "America's Best Recipe." The Grand Prize winner will be awarded $10,000 and a year's supply of Eggland's Best eggs, and "Best in Region" winners will receive $1,000 each. State winners will also receive prizes from Eggland's Best.
A panel of judges, including actress, food lover and mom of two Courtney Lopez, and Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist and winner of the hit primetime ABC television show My Diet Is Better Than Yours, Dawn Jackson Blatner, will help select the Grand Prize Winner.
"As a Pennsylvania native, I'm very much looking forward to seeing who from the Northeast will be named a finalist, and I can't wait to help select the Grand Prize Winner later this year," said Lopez. "My family loves Eggland's Best eggs, and I'm eager to taste some of these delicious recipes since EB eggs are the only eggs I use to add freshness, great taste and nutrition to my meals."
Compared to ordinary eggs, EB eggs contain six times more vitamin D, 25% less saturated fat, more than double the Omega-3s, ten times more vitamin E and more than double the vitamin B12. EB eggs are also an excellent source of vitamin B2 (riboflavin) and vitamin B5. EB's superior nutritional profile is due to its proprietary all-vegetarian hen feed that contains healthy grains, canola oil and a wholesome supplement of rice bran, alfalfa, sea kelp and Vitamin E.
Cast your vote! Visit www.americasbestrecipe.com to vote for your favorite regional recipes.