House of Raeford Farms is pleased to award 18 deserving students with funding for college through its 5th Annual House of Raeford Farms Scholarship Program.
“It has always been one of my goals to instill in a child the confidence that they can accomplish their dreams with hard work and determination. This scholarship program is a part of House of Raeford’s long-held commitment to encourage and foster our youth,” said House of Raeford Farms CEO & Owner Bob Johnson. “It’s also commitment to our employees and their families. Through this program, we’re able to say thank you to our employees for their dedication to our company by investing in their children’s goals for the future.”
The students were selected based on a set of competitive criteria, including academic record, demonstrated leadership, participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, and a statement of goals and aspirations.
House of Raeford would like to congratulate the following 18 recipients of the 2018 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship and announce their plans for the future:
- Camden Arterburn, son of Michelle Arterburn of the Greenville division, attending Winthrop University.
- Braxton Bland, son of James Bland of the Johnson Breeders division, attending NC Wesleyan College.
- Amy Butz, daughter of Bryan Butz of the West Columbia division, attending Clemson University.
- Mirian Cornejo, daughter of Hector Cornejo of the Johnson Breeders division, attending the University of Mount Olive.
- Justin Crunkleton, son of Kim Crunkleton of the Lavonia division, attending Toccoa Falls College.
- Xavier Davis, daughter of Alicia Sneed of the Arcadia division, attending Grambling State University.
- Elayshia Edwards, daughter of Sam Edwards of the Hemingway division, attending Claflin University.
- A’Daja Harris, daughter of Davy McKinney of the Arcadia division, attending Washington University in St. Louis.
- Cassie Hayden, daughter of Eric Hayden of the Leesville division, attending Florence-Darlington Technical College.
- Nathan Hayden, son of Eric Hayden of the Leesville division, attending the Citadel.
- Edson Hernandez, son of Lorena Zavala of the Rose Hill division, attending UNC Wilmington.
- Atarah Kerr, daughter of Mendal Kerr of the Greenville division, attending the University of Georgia.
- Jamiya Lucas, daughter of Dian Lucas of the Filet of Chicken/Forest Park Division, attending the University of West Georgia.
- Denea Peters, daughter of Carl Hall of the Johnson Breeders division, attending NC Central University.
- Makayla Quinn, daughter of Regina Brock of the Johnson Breeders division, attending Cape Fear Community College.
- Mackenzie Scott, daughter of Lesley Scott of the Greenville division, attending Lander University.
- Dylan Stutts, son of David Stutts of the Johnson Breeders division, attending James Sprunt Community College.
- Cary Torres, daughter of Zayda Moreno of the Arcadia division, attending South Texas College.
House of Raeford is grateful to be able to offer this benefit to the dependents of our associates, and it is rewarding to see the impact the program is having on the lives of young people and their families. Since its launch in 2014, this scholarship fund has helped students pursue their academic and professional goals by awarding over $187,500 in scholarships to 75 students across six states.
Employees and their families are encouraged to visit the Scholarship Page on House of Raeford’s website for more information on next year’s scholarships, which will open in February 2019.