With the countdown to Thanksgiving underway, Foster Farms has expanded Dori, its in-store mobile resource, to provide recipes, tips and hacks to make it your best Thanksgiving ever. Dori is accessible through a QR code on packages of Foster Farms fresh turkey. Consumers needing help with their Thanksgiving turkey preparation can also call Dori’s turkey helpline (1-833-TALKTKY or 1-833-825-5859). With Dori, Thanksgiving cooking advice is now available on-the-go, in-store or at home.
The Dori mobile platform features:
- Time-tested turkey tips and digital cookbook – Perfect roasting times, brining, carving techniques and more along with 50 delicious Thanksgiving recipes – from the big bird to sides and desserts, including: Apple, Fig & Brussels Sprouts Salad; Garlic Mashed Cauliflower; Apple Brandy- and Sage-Glazed Turkey; and even a Chocolate-Glazed Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake.
- Thanksgiving hacks – No roasting pan? No problem. Turn any pan into a roasting pan by sitting your gobbler on a bed of onions, potatoes and carrots or placing it on a ring formed out of aluminum foil. Elevating your turkey allows the heat to circulate more evenly. Hungry for more? Try adding baking powder to mashed potatoes to make them extra fluffy.
- A Poultrypedia – A spin-the-wheel dictionary demystifies the terms on your turkey label. Learn what “cage-free,” “free range” and “organic” really mean.
- Giving Back – For the past decade Foster Farms has provided more than 600,000 holiday meals to families in need. Dori will connect consumers who want to join Foster Farms in fighting hunger to food banks in California, Oregon and Washington.
To spread the word about the Dori mobile platform, Foster Farms is launching a social media campaign that will enable consumers to match their Thanksgiving personalities with humorous Dori emojis. Are you the Procrastinator, who puts off Thanksgiving preparations to the last minute; Trendy Wendy, who is always in search of the latest and greatest; or the Guru of Gravy, who has the moves for the smoothest fixin’s this side of Plymouth Rock? Dori emojis bring a smile to Thanksgiving festivities.
“We know consumers always want their Thanksgiving to be the best ever, and Dori delivers the information in-store or at home that can help,” said Ira Brill, director of communications for Foster Farms. “And, if you’re a Thanksgiving rookie and run into a jam cooking your turkey, just give a quick call to the Dori holiday helpline.”
On weekdays from November 1 through December 24, Dori’s Thanksgiving Turkey Helpline experts will be on call for turkey advice. Reach them at 1-833-TALKTKY (1-833-825-5859). Helpline hours will be:
- 11/1-11/9 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST
- 11/12-11/22 – 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PST (including Thanksgiving Day)
- 11/23-12/24 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST
Foster Farms’ fresh turkey offerings include Whole Young Turkey for traditional roasts, Young Turkey breasts for shorter cooking times, and pre-marinated Savory Servings Turkey for no-fuss preparation. Foster Farms’ Savory Servings pre-marinated Turkey Tenderloins are ideal for households hosting smaller feasts or for consumers who want to experience the taste of a traditional Thanksgiving meal anytime during the year.