Meat association names new president
Sioux-Preme Pork Products' Gary Malenke takes post
The North American Meat Processors Association's Board of Directors elected Gary Malenke, president of Sioux-Preme Pork Products, as the organization’s next president.
Malenke will serve as president through the association's 2010 Outlook Conference. He succeeds Michael Strauss of Colorado Boxed Beef Co., who was elected chairman of the board.
“I’m both humbled and honored to take the role as the 68th president of NAMP,” Malenke said. “The willingness of members to share openly about business challenges is truly one of the strengths of the association.”
Malenke began his career in the animal feed business, which led him to IBP and then Sioux-Preme Pork. During his 21 years at Sioux-Preme, he has held positions in procurement, operations and sales before becoming president in 2002.
The NAMP Executive Committee for 2009–2010 includes:
- Chairman Michael Strauss Colorado, Boxed Beef Co., Auburndale, Fl.
- President Gary Malenke, Sioux-Preme Pork Products, Sioux City, Iowa
- Vice President Bobby Hatoff, Allen Brothers Inc., Chicago, Ill.
- Treasurer Jeff Saval, Deli Brands of America, Baltimore, Md.
- Assistant Treasurer Mike Satzow, North Country Smokehouse, Claremont, N.H.
- Secretary Phil Kimball, CAE NAMP Executive Director, Washington, D.C.