“One of our company’s most important community outreach objectives is youth development,” said House of Raeford Farms CEO and owner Bob Johnson. “Being able to offer educational assistance to children of our employees is one way we fulfill this mission. In addition, through this program we’re able to say thank you to our associates for their commitment to our company as we invest in their children’s future.”
The students were selected based on a set of competitive criteria, including academic record, demonstrated leadership, participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, and a statement of goals and aspirations.
House of Raeford would like to congratulate the following 18 recipients of the 2019 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship and announce their plans for the future:
- Teresa Hernandez-Zavala, daughter of Lorena Zavala of the Rose Hill division attending UNC Wilmington.
- Jermario Jefferson II, son of Jermario Jefferson of the Arcadia division attending the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
- Nayoung Kim, daughter of Eunah Choi of the West Columbia division attending Clemson University.
- Marlena Price, daughter of Robbie Price of the Wallace division attending East Carolina University.
- Parker Pridgen, son of Patrick Pridgen of the Filet of Chicken division attending the University of Chicago.
- Adriana Santibanez, daughter of Carlota Santibanez of the Johnson Breeders division attending UNC Wilmington.
- Quadaisia Shaw, daughter of Amanda Shaw of the Greenville division attending Winthrop University.
- Jacob White, son of Jeff White of the Arcadia division attending Louisiana Tech University.
- Niang Muang, daughter of Ning Lian of the Filet of Chicken division attending Southern Adventist University.
- Adriana Mejia, daughter of Loida Gomez Mejia of the Wallace division and Adrian Mejia of the Rose Hill division attending UNC Wilmington.
- Christine Garcia, daughter of Norma Garcia of the Rose Hill division attending James Sprunt Community College.
- Kaytlin Taylor, stepdaughter of Doug Compton of the Greenville division attending Clemson University.
- Khadejah Simmons, daughter of Le’Nora Miller of the Wallace division attending Fayetteville State University.
- Brittany George, daughter of Donnie George of the Johnson Breeders division attending NC Central University.
- Alexandro Hernandez, son of Vicky and Julio Hernandez of the Arcadia division attending Louisiana Tech University.
- Ivan Valdez, son of Claudia Hernandez of the Johnson Breeders division attending James Sprunt Community College.
- Emily Galindo, daughter of Efren Galindo of the Arcadia division attending South Arkansas Community college.
- Jessica Gutierrez, daughter of Carlos Gutierrez of the Rose Hill division attending Sampson Community College.
House of Raeford is grateful to be able to offer this benefit to the dependents of our associates, and it is rewarding to see the impact the program is having on the lives of young people and their families. Since its launch in 2014, this scholarship fund has helped students pursue their academic and professional goals by awarding over $232,500 in scholarships to 93 students across six states.
Employees and their families are encouraged to visit the Scholarship Page on House of Raeford’s website for more information on next year’s scholarships, which will open in February 2020.