The 8th International Poultry Forum China (IPFC) held in Hilton Hotel Yantai, Shandong province, successfully brought together hundreds of industry leaders.

More than 400 industry professionals, entrepreneurs and representatives from all walks of life from the poultry meat and egg industry chain attended the forum on July 12-13, 2019.

The theme of the forum was "Supply Chain - From Farm to Table," and focused on a variety of the industry’s hot topics, including:


  • Increasing raw material uncertainty in international trade
  • Blocked soybean and corn imports
  • Broiler provenance supply
  • Chicken meat import and export
  • Poultry industry upgrading of globalization and localization strategy
  • The value-added space within the industry
  • Application of digital technology
  • Deep processing
  • New retail of chicken meat and eggs
  • Income and consumption trends

In the forum, Gordon Butland, chairman of G&S Agricultural Consulting, said it is important to assess how advanced analytics can be used within companies to keep up with competition. Modern technologies are widely available to speed up or improve decision-making processes in the value chain. Butland said poultry companies need to establish and improve a "data culture" that fragments, correlates and classifies data to predict future value.

Special guests were invited to visit Shandong SpringSnow Food Co., LTD., and the 5th Poultry CEO Salon was held. Shandong SpringSnow Food is a Chinese large one-stop broiler chicken production and processing enterprise, and a leading enterprise in national agricultural industrialization. About 80% of the chicken products of SpringSnow Food are sold in China, while the other 20% are exported to other countries and regions, including Japan, the EU and the Middle East.

The International Poultry Forum China was organized by Poultry International China - LyJa Media, cooperated with WATT Global Media, and supported by World's Poultry Science Association, National Poultry Industry Branch CAAA and the Shandong Poultry Industry Association.