In recognition of Hunger Action Day, Hormel Foods Corporation has announced donations totaling $300,000 to over 30 hunger-relief organizations throughout the United States through its Community Donations Program. The donations are being presented to the organizations this month to support Hunger Action Month.
"As a global branded food company, we are inspired to do our part to help end food insecurity," said Wendy Watkins, vice president of corporate communications at Hormel Foods. "We are proud to support Hunger Action Day and Hunger Action Month by providing these donations and partnering with Feeding America to encourage others to join in the effort to help end hunger."
Some of the company's donations being presented this month include:
- A $10,000 donation to The Food Bank of Iowa in Algona, Iowa
- A $10,000 donation to The Lord's Diner in Wichita, Kansas
- A $10,000 donation to the Clarke County Food Pantry, Osceola Iowa
- A $5,000 donation to the Meals on Wheels program and a $5,000 donation to the Salvation Army in Austin, Minnesota
- A $10,000 donation to the Rochelle Area Community Foundation in Rochelle, Illinois
- A $10,000 donation to Hosea Feed the Hungry and Homeless in Atlanta, Georgia
"Innovative companies such as Hormel Foods know how to give back," said Karen Hanner, vice president of manufacturing product sourcing at Feeding America. Each year Hormel partners with Feeding America and its food bank network by donating millions of pounds of nutritious food. We are extremely appreciative of Hormel Foods as they help Feeding America by their support to end hunger."
Hormel Foods collaborates with retailers, nonprofit organizations and government agencies to help with hunger-relief efforts around the world. Through this program as well as disaster-relief efforts and other donations, Hormel Foods contributed $7.2 million in cash and product donations to help address hunger in fiscal 2018. For more information about the company's charitable giving, please visit https://csr.hormelfoods.com/.