The COVID-19 global pandemic changed consumer behavior overnight. Will any of these habits last and how will they impact the chicken supply chain in the future? What can chicken brands do to ensure success?
When stay-at-home measures were announced in early March, consumers flocked to grocery stores to stock up on nonperishables and other shelf-stable goods in preparation for self-quarantine and/or social distancing measures. In the meantime, restaurants throughout the U.S. closed dining rooms, shifting to takeout and delivery only, to help slow the spread of the virus.
The Chicken Marketing Summit webinar series will look at retail and foodservice trends before and during the pandemic. The Summit will also focus on issues that will continue to impact the poultry supply chain long after the pandemic is over.
Mark your calendars to join us on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. CDT starting on May 13 for an informative presentation and a chance to have your questions answered. The webinars will run each week except on Memorial Day week. The last webinar will be presented July 1, 2020.
Leading off the webinar series is Richard Fielding, who leads the Protein and Dairy vertical at IRI. He will address how you can continue to support and build your chicken brand in this “new normal” environment by exploring new opportunities to invest in media and connect with consumers.
The complete schedule for the Chicken Market Summit webinar series is:
- May 13 – Richard Fielding, principal, IRI – How to build your chicken brand in a pandemic
- May 20 - G. Donald Ritter, DVM, ACPV, director of technical marketing, Mountaire Farms – Marketing a balanced approach to bird welfare, antimicrobial resistance and environmental impact
- June 3 - Kelley Bailie Fechner, director, customer solutions, Datassential and Emma Partridge from Numerator - Battling for the best chicken sandwich, does everyone win?
- June 10 - Meagan Nelson, Associate Director, Fresh Growth & Strategy, Nielsen - Consumer trends: Where do you focus when something matters to everyone?
- June 17 - Charlie Arnot, CEO, Center for Food Integrity, president, Look East - The New Sustainability/ESG Reality
- June 24 - Lexann Reischl, founder and principal, Opera House Communications & Advocacy LLC and Meagan Ernst, senior marketing manager, Wayne Farms - Being a revolutionary storyteller in times of transition
- July 1 - Joyce Neth, vice president, director of audience development and engagement, WATT Global Media and Chris Dubois, senior vice president and principal, IRI - COVID-19 impacts on consumer behavior, which might last?
Registration for the May 13th webinar, How to build your chicken brand in a pandemic, is now open. Registration for the other webinars in the series will be launched soon.
The webinar series is proudly sponsored by Zoetis and presented by WATTAgNet and WATT Global Media.
The Chicken Marketing Summit will return as the broiler industry’s only live event which brings together sales and marketing professionals from throughout the chicken supply chain in 2021. The 2021 Chicken Marketing Summit will be held July 18-20 at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort in Fernandina Beach, FL.
View our continuing coverage of the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic.
Like what you just read? Sign up now for free to receive the Poultry Future Newsletter.