The NPFDA Scholarship Foundation has awarded scholarships to five outstanding students from a vast number of qualified applicants.
The NPFDA Scholarship Foundation was established in 1979. Since that time, the Foundation has awarded almost $250,000.00 in scholarships to outstanding students. The NPFDA Scholarship Foundation, Inc. is entering its 41st year of assistance students.
Eligible applicants were from NPFDA Member Companies or were a child of an employee of a NPFDA Member Company that was enrolled full-time at a US based College or University or a graduating high school senior pursuing a college degree in the fall.
To apply each student had to complete an application, write an essay and then submit these items along with their transcripts. The Foundation’s Selection Committee reviewed each applicant’s submission. Each submission was evaluated by committee members based on the goals and aspirations essay, extracurricular activities and GPA. The committee member ballots were tallied, and the top five students selected. Cash awards go to the top five ($4,000 per student). The sixth student is chosen as an alternate.
NPFDA Employees and Families Scholarship Winners:
- Margaret Davies of Appalachian State University – Member company Mar-Jac Poultry
- John Freeny of Texas Christian University – Member company Wayne Farms
- Kathryn (Katie) Gardner of University of Arkansas – Member company Tyson Farms
- Madison Hughes of Lee University – Member company Wayne Farms
- Emma Tucker of University of Georgia – Member company Tip Top Poultry *ALTERNATE Cameron Spence of Samford University – Member company Tyson Foods
For more information or to apply for the 2021 scholarship opportunity please check out https://www.npfda.org/npfda-scholarships or contact NPFDA at 770-535-9901 or email@example.com.