House of Raeford Farms is pleased to award 14 deserving students with funding for college through its 8th Annual House of Raeford Farms Scholarship Program.
“As a company we continue to see the value in supporting our youth as they develop into responsible adults,” saidHouse of Raeford Farms CEO & Owner Bob Johnson. “Offering educational assistance to children of our employees is one way we fulfill our mission. This investment in our youth can open a pathway to their future success.”
The selection criteria for each $2,500 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship includes academic record, demonstrated leadership, participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, and a statement of goals and aspirations.
House of Raeford would like to congratulate the following 14 recipients of the 2021 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship and announce their plans for the future:
- Makayla Adams, daughter of Gayle Sharpe of the West Columbia division attending the University of South Carolina - Aiken.
- Sidnie Carter, granddaughter of Donna Carter of the Johnson Breeders division attending James Sprunt Community College.
- Noemi Ibarra, daughter of Miguel Ibarra of the Arcadia division attending the University of Louisiana – Monroe.
- Karla Mendoza Martinez, daughter of Karla Martinez Villafranca of the Rose Hill division attending East Carolina University.
- Reedon Crapps, son of Randall Crapps of the West Columbia division attending Midlands Technical College.
- Alexus Chasten, daughter of Kasharka Carr-Hardison of the Rose Hill division attending East Carolina University.
- Jacob Taylor, son of Doug Compton of the Greenville division attending Tri-County Technical College.
- Carterious Burns, son of Fershunda Burns of the Arcadia division attending Louisiana Tech University.
- Jasmin Borja, daughter of Teresa Borja of the Johnson Breeders division attending the University of North Carolina-Wilmington.
- Julia Goodwin, daughter of Charles Duggar of the Arcadia division attending Lyon College.
- Grace Pridgen, daughter of Patrick Pridgen of the Filet of Chicken division attending the University of Georgia.
- Elizabeth Reynolds, daughter of Nicole Reynolds of the Rose Hill division attending North Carolina State University.
- Mattison Scott, daughter of Lesley Scott of the Greenville division attending Presbyterian College.
- Jebediah White, son of Jeffry White of the Arcadia division attending Louisiana College.
The House of Raeford Farms Scholarship fund has helped students pursue their academic and professional goals by awarding a total of $295,000 over the last eight years to 118 students across six states. House of Raeford is grateful to be able to offer this benefit to the dependents of our associates. It is rewarding to see the impact the program is having on the lives of young people and their families.
Employees and their families are encouraged to visit the Scholarship Page on House of Raeford’s website for more information on next year’s scholarships, which will open in February 2022.