N.Y. Gourmet Salads Inc., based in Brooklyn, N.Y., is recalling an undetermined amount of various chicken products because the products were produced without federal inspection, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced. The projects subject to recall are:
- 5-pound tubs of "Chicken Salad, Made with All White Meat"
- 5-pound tubs of "Grilled Chicken Pasta & Broccoli"
- 3-pound trays with six wraps of "Chicken W/Roasted Pepper & Mozzarella Wrap"
- 5-pound trays of "Grilled Boneless Chicken Breast Cutlet"
- 5-pound trays of "Teriyaki Chicken Breast"
The chicken products were produced intermittently between November 5, 2009, and March 10, 2010, and were distributed to retail establishments in the New York City metropolitan area. Each chicken product bears the establishment number "P-34440" inside the USDA mark of inspection.
Consumers may have purchased these chicken products at supermarkets deli counters.
The problem was discovered by FSIS and is part of an ongoing investigation. FSIS has received no reports of illness due to consumption of these products.