A crowd of about 200 at the 2010 Midwest Poultry Federation Convention fellowship breakfast gathered March 18 to hear an inspirational speaker and honor 30 companies for their longevity in exhibiting at the convention.
Greg Watt, president and CEO of WATT, received a plaque recognizing his company’s 35 consecutive years of exhibiting at the MPF convention.
During the breakfast, Matt Lohr, the new commissioner of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, spoke about the need for the poultry industry to communicate a positive public message.
More than 188 companies exhibited at the St. Paul, Minn., RiverCentre, and 30 were recognized for their longevity in exhibiting at the MPF. Other companies recognized for between 30 and five years of exhibiting included the following:
- 30 years – IMV Technologies
- 25 years – Chore-Time Equipment, EPS; and IVESCO LLC
- 20 years – Aviagen Turkeys; CEI Pacer; Cumberland/Hired-Hand; ILC Resources; Katolight by MTU Onsite Energy; Kindstrom-Schmoll Inc.; Star Labs
- 15 years – Anitox
- 10 years – Baer Systems Inc.; Energy Panel Structures; Iowa Area Development Group; PW Aire Technologies; Ridley Feed Ingredients
- 5 years – ARKO Laboratories Ltd.; Biomin, USA; Chantland - MHS; Diversified Imports; IPS-Carefree Enzymes Inc.; Nutriad Inc.; Plasson; Ralco Nutrition Inc.; Rotem; SEMA Equipment Inc.; Stenner Pump Company; TSS EggQuality.com; Ziegler CAT
The MPF is the largest regional poultry convention in the U.S. The 2011 MPF convention is scheduled for March 15-17 at the RiverCentre in St. Paul, Minn.