Land O'Lakes subsidiary Moark LLC has donated more than 1 million eggs to nine food banks across the U.S. to do its part in the fight against hunger.
The company donated the eggs in conjunction with Feeding America's network of food banks and as part of Land O'Lakes' First Run program, which is part of the company's larger Feeding Our Communities initiative. Moark's contribution marks the second egg donation in the third year of the First Run program. As part of the program, Land O'Lakes and its subsidiaries have committed to donating truckloads of fresh product to food banks quarterly to help alleviate hunger nationwide.
In 2012, the donated eggs are being distributed among the following food banks:
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank; 260,000 eggs
- Second Harvest Food Bank, San Bernardino; 43,200 eggs
- Greater Boston Food Bank; 288,000 eggs
- St. Louis Area Food Bank; 288,000 eggs
- Ozarks Food Harvest, Springfield, Mo.; 54,000 eggs
- Connecticut Food Bank; 96,000 eggs
- Connecticut Foodshare; 96,000 eggs
- Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Center, New London, Conn.; 96,000 eggs
- Good Shepherd Food Bank, Auburn, Maine; 288,000 eggs