The USPOULTRY Foundation research advisory committee met in Atlanta earlier this spring to review the next round of research pre-proposals. At the meeting, three new members were elected to serve on the committee, including Lynn Bagley, Pitman Family Farms; Dr. Roy Brister, Tyson Foods, Inc.; and Dave Townsend, Pilgrim’s Corp. Leaving the committee were Dr. Don McIntyre, Diamond V, and Dr. Tom Frost, DSM Nutritional Products.
Bagley, Brister and Townsend join the following Foundation research advisory committee members, who volunteer numerous hours reviewing and evaluating research proposals before making recommendations for funding. USPOULTRY and the foundation welcome them to the committee.
2018 Foundation Research Advisory Committee members
- Chairman: Dr. Travis Cigainero, CEVA
- Vice Chairman: Dr. Bernie Beckman, Hy-line International North America
- Lynn Bagley, Pitman Family Farms
- Dr. Kate Barger, Cobb-Vantress, Inc.
- Dr. Roy Brister, Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Bill Griffith, Keystone Foods LLC
- Dr. David Harris, Simmons Foods Inc.
- David Hurd, Rose Acre Farms Inc.
- Dr. John McCarty, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Dr. Petri Papinaho, Jennie-O Turkey Stores Sales, LLC
- Dr. David Rives, Zoetis
- Michael Robach, Cargill
- Dr. Bruce Stewart-Brown, Perdue Farms Inc.
- Dave Townsend, Pilgrim's Corp.
- Steven Woodruff, Woodruff & Howe Environmental Engineering
The U.S. Poultry & Egg Association (USPOULTRY) and USPOULTRY Foundation are dedicated to the growth, progress and welfare of the poultry and egg industry and all of its individual and corporate interests. Each year, USPOULTRY and the Foundation allocates approximately $1 million for the funding of research projects that benefit the poultry and egg industry. To date, more than $31 million has been invested in research.