The 2011 group was chosen from more than 60 nominees representing all sectors of the livestock, meatpacking and poultry processing industries. "Our trustees and members have chosen an elite group of leaders who have not only achieved remarkable business success but have spent their careers contributing to the progress of the entire industry," said Chuck Jolley, president and founder of the Hall of Fame. "We are delighted to be able to honor this group, who truly represent the best of the best, both in business and in life."
The complete list of inductees for 2011 includes:
- Alan Simon, chairman and CEO, Omaha Steaks (retired)
- Clarence Becker, president, Becker Food Company (posthumous)
- Dale Huffman, Ph.D., professor and researcher, Auburn University (retired)
- Eldon Roth, founder, BPI Inc.
- George Watts, president, National Chicken Council (retired)
- Jack Allen, professor emeritus of food marketing, Michigan State University
- John Bryan, former board chairman and CEO, Sara Lee Corp.(retired)
- John Story, vice president of meat marketing, Fairway Foods (retired)
- Manny Rosenthal, chairman emeritus, Standard Meat Co. (posthumous)
- Mel Salomon, chairman, Allen Brothers (retired)
- Phil Clemens, chairman, Hatfield Quality Meats
- Robert Madiera, executive director, American Association of Meat Processors (posthumous)