The members and alternates -- appointed by Agriculture secretary Tom Vilsack – were selected from egg producers nominated by organizations representing the egg industry.
The board, comprising 18 members and 18 alternates from six regions, administers an egg research and promotion program authorized by the Egg Research and Consumer Information Act of 1974.
Reappointed members and alternates, by region, are:
- North Atlantic states – Christopher M. Pierce, Annville, Pa., member.
- South Atlantic states – Adolphus (Dolph) B. Baker, Jackson, Miss., member.
- East North Central states – Ronald (Tad) L. Gross, St. Henry, Ohio, member; Brian J. Winner, New Weston, Ohio, member; Thomas E. Hertzfeld I, Waterville, Ohio, alternate.
- West North Central states – Brian S. Hayward, Warsaw, Ind., member; Ruth Ann Hendrix, Seymour, Ind., alternate.
- South Central states – Bruce L. Dooyema, Sioux Center, Iowa, member; Blair J. Van Zetten, Oskaloosa, Iowa, alternate.
- Western states – David W. Elbel, College Station, Texas, member.
Newly appointed members and alternates, by region, are:
- North Atlantic states – Julia A. Lough, East Winthrop, Maine, member; Lori C. Wagner, Damascus, Va., alternate; David N. Radlo, Bedford, Mass., alternate.
- South Atlantic states – Steven S. Horton, Flowery Branch, Ga., alternate.
- East North Central states – William L. Glass, Boca Grande, Fla., alternate.
- West North Central states – Patricia J. Stonger, Waukesha, Wis., member; Benjamin P. Thompson, Pearl City, Ill., alternate.
- Western states – Frankie B. King, Pittsburg, Texas, alternate.