The International Egg Commission is looking forward to welcoming delegates to the heart of the European egg industry for the International Egg Commission's Madrid 2013 Conference, taking place from April 7-9, 2013.
Commission Chairwoman, Joanne Ivy, says, "We are delighted to be holding this year's meeting in Madrid. Not only is the city an exceptionally important capital within the European Union, but Spain is one of Europe's largest egg industries, with excellent business and cultural links with Latin America. This, combined with the opportunity to meet and network with leaders and key decision makers within our industry, makes this an event not to be missed."
Inprovo, the Spanish Egg Association, welcomes the commission to its capital city, and is looking forward to strengthening relations between its members and the international egg industry.
The commission will be presenting a two-day program, of inspiring speakers, sharing their expertise and offering invaluable insights, at such an important time in our industry's development.
Speakers during the conference will include:
- Professor David Hughes will open the conference with a stimulating presentation on "Taking on the big boys: can eggs and egg products exploit declining red meat consumption in developed countries."
- Dr. Vincent Covello will address delegates on "The Artful Application of Crisis Communications" and how to ensure your business is prepared for the unexpected now that technology has shortened the crisis response times to 24 hours to six minutes.
- Dr. Alejando Thiermann from the International Office of Epizootics will be discussing "Global Animal Health Challenges and the Role of the Egg Industry," and how the International Egg Commission and its members can help during future avian influenza issues.
- Professor Louise Fresco specializes in the foundations of sustainable development in an international context at the University of Amsterdam, and will look at providing the balance between providing sufficient food for everybody, without destroying our planets resources.
- Dr. Tjeerd Kimman will be outlining lessons learned a decade after the 2003 Netherlands Avian Influenza outbreak.
- The Director General of Agriculture, Production & Marketing of the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture will be answering the top 10 key questions facing the future of the egg industry.
- Senior board level representatives from the fast growing British frozen food retailer "Iceland" will be addressing delegates on "Food Retailing over the Next Decade."
- Maria del Mar Fernandez Poza, will be speaking on the "Positives from the EU Experience on Enriched Cages"
- The European Commissions Unit of Sustainable Production and Consumption will be presenting delegates their research on "Lowering Emissions in the Egg Industry: Best Available Techniques."
Simultaneous translation will be available in Spanish and Japanese for all conference sessions.
This conference is being held at the Westin Palace Hotel, Madrid.
To register, contact the International Egg Commission office via its website.