Hubbard organized a special Grand Parent Distributor Meeting, for which the attendees came from all over the world on March 11. This special event was held in the Banyan Tree Hotel in Bangkok and focused on “Less Feed, More Meat," the new theme of Hubbard that was introduced at VIV Asia.
Focus on 'Less Feed, More Meat'
Hubbard’s focus on “less Feed, More Meat” is totally in line with the “Natural Concept” of Groupe Grimaud which was officially launched end of 2012, embracing the Groupe’s philosophy on how to feed the world in the decades to follow in a sustainable way. It outlines the ways in which Groupe Grimaud and its companies develop and implement best practices in the genetic selection and production of animal protein to feed a growing world population.
Feed costs represent more than 70 percent of live production cost of a broiler, the highest levels in history and will remain to be at a high level in the years to come. Hubbard’s special focus in its genetic selection program on feed efficiency and total meat output has led to a product range offering the best answers to the poultry industry to save feed costs on breeder and broiler level.
The “Feedsaver” concept of the JV and F15 breeders saves about 15 percent of feed to produce a broiler day-old-chick compared to conventional breeders.
All Hubbard broilers have an excellent feed cost ratio compared to other breeds.
This allows customers to use less kilograms of feed to produce 1 kilogram of live broiler, 1 kilogram of carcass or 1 kilogram of total meat.
Recent successes shared
Recent successes of Hubbard around the world were shared with the many distributors being present, as Hubbard keeps gaining market share in different parts of the world:
- Hubbard LLC in the USA reconfirms its on-going success with the Hubbard M99 breeder male in the largest broiler market of the world. The Hubbard M99 breeder male represents now more than 50 percent of the broiler industry, supplying almost every poultry company in the USA.
- Hubbard do Brazil has been created just a few years ago from scratch and is currently experiencing an increasing success with the Hubbard Flex, which is now seen as the most feed efficient broiler in the second largest market in the world. Hubbard is now supplying more than 15 percent of the “free” Brazilian breeder market and the outlook for this year is already confirming a higher share in 2013.
- The Feedsaver concept using the “mini” (or dwarf) breeder females, such as the Hubbard JV and F15, has been accepted in many countries as a real economic alternative to conventional breeder females and now keeps gaining ground in some new markets in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and even the USA.
- Especially in hotter climate regions the Hubbard Classic is gaining market share because of its excellent breeder performances, fast broiler growth and good feed cost ratio.
- The Hubbard H1 is also being recognized now as a very good product for the heavier broiler markets and for the total de-bone markets focusing on the highest total meat yield per broiler, including breast meat, legs and wings.
- The Hubbard Color Range covers the needs for what is still considered being a niche market. On top of fulfilling the need for high-end quality chicken meat markets, it could also very well be a response to the consumers' demand to reduce the use of antibiotics in poultry.
Besides the growth of breeder sales from its own subsidiaries, Hubbard also confirms increased interest in its products through recently signed Grand Parent agreements in various parts of the world. For many years Hubbard is market leader in the Middle East, Africa and Russia with more than 50 percent market share and Hubbard’s presence in Asia is also growing as next to the existing business several new Grand Parent agreements have been signed recently.