Advertisement

News and analysis on the global poultry
and animal feed industries.
on September 10, 2008

Finland: Hankkija-Maatalous trade arm acquires Suomen Rehu

Full ownership of Finland’s largest feed manufacturer, Suomen Rehu, has been acquired by the Hankkija-Maatalous agricultural trade arm of SOK Corporation, itself part of Finnish cooperative enterprises conglomerate S Group.

Full ownership of Finland’s largest feed manufacturer, Suomen Rehu, has been acquired by the Hankkija-Maatalous agricultural trade arm of SOK Corporation, itself part of Finnish cooperative enterprises conglomerate S Group. Suomen Rehu has feed factories in Finland and Latvia and produced about 720,000 tons of feed in 2007. Hankkija-Maatalous had purchased 51 percent of its shares in early 2007 from the former owner, the food group Lännen Tehtaat, with the option of taking the other 49 percent. Hankkija now plans to merge the Suomen Rehu feed operations with the ongoing Hankkija business from the beginning of 2009. The Suomen Rehu brand will, however, remain in use.  A 19 percent stake in Hankkija-Maatalous was bought in April 2006 by phosphates supplier Kemira GrowHow, now part of Yara. 
Comments powered by Disqus