The common thread among many of the abstracts presented at the International Poultry Scientific Forum in Atlanta, January 25-26, was the use of antibiotics in poultry production. All 2016 International Poultry Scientific Forum abstracts are posted online.
Studies related to the use of antibiotics or antibiotic alternatives for which abstracts were presented included:
- Effects of feeding Diamond V Original XPC on the virulence, antibiotic resistance, intestinal colonization, and fecal shedding of multiple antibiotic-resistant Salmonella typhimurium in broilers
- Evaluation of spray application of the probiotic 1-GP on broiler performance following live coccidia oocyst vaccination
- Boosting gut health and nutrient digestibility by feeding organic acid based products to broilers orally challenged with E. coli K88
- Evaluating the efficacy of a Bacillus-based direct fed microbial in comparison to an antibiotic growth promoter on broiler growth performance and carcass yield
- Assessing safety of Moringa oleifera seed and leaf meal as potential alternative antibiotic in poultry production
- A mixture of medium chain fatty acids will reduce antibiotic resistance
- Effect of Ration Plus for Poultry on broiler chickens fed antibiotic free diets in three 21 day dose-response trials, two with bacterial challenges and one with heat stress
- The environmental and economic impact of eliminating antibiotics from U.S. broiler production
- Stocking density impacts on production qualities of broilers raised without antibiotics
- Varium decreases the effects of necrotic enteritis
See all the latest IPPE news.