Lallemand Animal Nutrition announces scholarship recipients
Over 150 students applied for the second annual Lallemand Forward Scholarship in North America
Lallemand Animal Nutrition recently announced the 2016 Lallemand Forward Scholarship recipients in North America. After reviewing more than 150 scholarship applications, the scholarship committee selected five students pursuing degrees in agriculture.
Recipients of the postgraduate scholarship, who will each receive $3,000, are:
- Yan Sun, recipient of the PhD scholarship, is currently working on her PhD at Michigan State University. Her research focuses on the effects of dietary factors and ruminal pH on rumen biohydrogenation pathways and the risk of milk fat depression.
- Stephanie Coombes, recipient of the Master’s scholarship, is working on her Master’s at Kansas State University. She is studying Communications and Agricultural Education with a focus on the discursive features of advocates for animal agriculture.
The three undergraduate scholarship recipients will each receive $2,500. They are:
- Cole Hamilton, Agronomy-Plant Science, Western Kentucky University
- Andrew Klein, Agriculture Education, University of Illinois
- Conor McCabe, Animal Science with a focus on dairy cattle, Cornell University
“Lallemand is happy to support these exceptional students as they pursue their studies.” says Jeff Ast, Commercial Director, Lallemand Animal Nutrition North America. “Our team was impressed with the number and quality of students advancing the future of agriculture.”
The Lallemand Forward Scholarship recognizes students at the PhD, Master’s and undergraduate levels who are excelling in their agricultural programs. The program is part of Lallemand Forward program to promote education.