on July 1, 2009
Names in the News
Names in the News French grain handling and on farm feed mixing equipment business FAO has been acquired by the subsidiary in France of Denmark’s Skiold Group. Skiold France, run by Régis Robilliard, already owns mill mix and pig
- French grain handling and on-farm feed mixing equipment business FAO has been acquired by the subsidiary in France of Denmark’s Skiold Group. Skiold France, run by Régis Robilliard, already owns mill-mix and pig feeding systems company Acemo.
- Danisco Animal Nutrition has appointed James Laughton as executive vice president for Danisco Animal Nutrition, Food and Beverage enzymes. Dr Andrew Harker has been promoted to business unit director at Danisco Animal Nutrition responsible for sales, marketing and technical service functions.
- Fort Dodge Animal Health reports its sponsorship of website www.stopcircovirus.com as a new online resource helping veterinarians and producers understand, manage and prevent the effects of porcine circovirus PCV2.
- Hypor China has named Wang Laixi (Hunter Wang) as sales and marketing manager.
- Feed additives manufacturer Kiotechagil in the UK has named Murray Hyden as chief technical officer, with David Bullen becoming general manager.
- DSM Nutritional Products and Novozymes have renewed their strategic alliance agreement on feed enzymes that they started in 2001. The DSM/Novozymes alliance expects to launch a new enzyme for corn-soybean diets within the next 2 years.
- Topigs in the Netherlands reports a new partnership with Yurun Food Group of China to create a nucleus farm for an integrated chain producing 3 million slaughter pigs per year. The 1000-sow nucleus is in Jiangsu province, eastern China.
- Following the acquisition of the Quantum phytase feed enzyme business from Syngenta, AB Vista in the UK has expanded its international animal feed ingredients business team by appointing Caroline Oram as global marketing manager.
- Singapore-based Zagro Asia announced its net profit to shareholders for financial year 2007 was up by 37% at S$ 5.8 million, backed by revenue growth of 13% at S$ 109.7 million.
- Jacek Gajowczyk, managing director of Polish pig consultancy Maxypro, has been named as the main distributor in Poland for breeding pigs from JSR Genetics in the UK.
- P&J Agricultural Trading has been appointed distributor in the Philippines for Suacron beta-blocker from DFV Group (Divasa-Farmavic) of Spain, used to reduce stress in pigs..
- Novus International has appointed Dr Scott C. Fleetwood as executive director, Markets and Products, with overall responsibility for marketing in the company’s pig, poultry, ruminant, industrial and feed quality business units.
- Dow Biocides has reached a distribution agreement to supply its Glutex sanitiser products in the USA through animal health product supplier Ivesco.
- Nedap Agri in the Netherlands has expanded its sales force by appointing Andries Jan Oosterhof to be responsible for the further development of the Asian markets for Nedap products in the pig industry.
- UK breeder ACMC will be a major shareholder in a new pig genetics company in Spain called Genetica Meidam Sl. It has also won new export orders in Poland.
- Huvepharma nv in Belgium has appointed Christian Vervaet DMV as sales director Europe.