The American Meat Science Association is partnering with the National Pork Board and the U.S. Meat Export Federation to offer PORK 505, a short course focusing on quality standards, culinary techniques, international marketing and other issues facing the global pork industry.
The day-and-a-half program will take place ahead of the World Pork Expo on June 6 and 7 at the University of Nebraska.
Key PORK 505 topics include:
- Hands-on international carcass fabrication methods
- Pork palatability and quality standards
- Hands-on culinary demonstration and preparation of international recipes using fabricated cuts
- Niche/specialty products that appeal to the worldwide marketplace
- Currently exported offal products and their importance in the worldwide marketplace
- Hot topics in the international pork industry
AMSA is offering discounted registration fees to companies or organizations sending more than one person to any AMSA short course. After the first person pays the full registration fee, the second person receives a 10% discount. All additional registrants will receive a 25% discount. Attendees must attend the class at the same location to qualify for the discount. For a complete course outline and to register, visit: http://www.meatscience.org/Page.aspx?ID=7321.