The speaker line-up for the upcoming Food Safety Conference includes numerous experts from industry, academia, and government. Frank Yiannas, vice-president of Food Safety and Health at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club is one of the featured speakers. The conference is scheduled for March 4-5 at the Hilton Branson Convention Center in Branson, Mo. This conference, hosted by The Poultry Federation, qualifies for continuing education credits for the Veterinary Medical Boards of Missouri (12 credits), Oklahoma (9.75 credits), and Arkansas (pending).
The Food Safety Conference is an educational event beneficial those working in food safety, live production, poultry processing, HACCP, QA, and environmental protections. Other key fields of interest are poultry service technicians, grow-out and feed-mill managers, veterinarians, and suppliers to live poultry production and processing.
Tuesday, March 4, Shane Acosta, Cargill, presiding
- Welcoming Remarks - Marvin Childers, The Poultry Federation
- Documenting A Salmonella Outbreak - Dr. Casey Barton Behravesh, Centers for Disease Control
- Response To A Food Safety Investigation - Dr. Robert O'Connor, Foster Farms
- A Retail Recall - Craig Wilson, Costco Wholesale
- FSIS Strategy to Reduce Salmonella & NRTE Comminuted Poultry - Dr. Dan Englejohn, USDA-FSIS
- Enumeration Of Salmonella - Dr. Jennifer McEntire, The Acheson Group; Dr. Randall Singer, University of Minnesota; Dr. Charles Hofacre, University of Georgia
- Keynote - Frank Yianna, Wal-Mart and Sam's Club
- Foreign Material Control - Bill Bouldin, Simmons Feed Ingredients, Dr. John Marcy, University of Arkansas
- Interventions in Live Production - Dr. Charles Hofarce, University of Georgia
Wednesday, March 5, Dr. John Marcy, University of Arkansas, presiding
- Integrating Food Safety - Dr. Scott Gustin, Tyson Foods; Dr. Scott Eilert, Cargill; Craig Wilson, Costco Wholesale
- Second Processing - Jill Stuber, GNP Company
- Cut-up Parts - Dr. Robert O'Conner, Foster Farms
- Parts Data - Dr. Ashley Peterson, National Chicken Council
- Regulatory Update - Dr. Ashley Peterson, National Chicken Council
- Campylobacter - Rafael Rivera, US Poultry and Egg Association
- Antibiotics in Feed & FSMA - Leah Wilkinson, American Feed Industry Association
- HACCP: Deviation Investigations and Corrective Action/Validation with Biomapping - Dr. Ken Petersen, IEH, Dr. Dan Zelenka, Tyson
Sessions Tuesday and Wednesday conclude with breakout sessions. Advance registration for the conference is $150 before February 28 and $200 after and on-site. Registration for university students and USDA officials is $50. Attendees are asked to register online at The Poultry Federation's website. For more information, contact The Poultry Federation at 501-375-8131.