The 2015 FIAAP Feed Ingredients and Additives Conference’s content advisory board is seeking abstracts for noncommercial oral presentations, due via email by November 1, 2014.
FIAAP Conference will be held June 9, 2015 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.
What you need to know
All abstracts/topics submitted should be exclusive to the FIAAP Conference and be based on new and/or innovative research or information. Potential speakers are invited to submit abstracts on feed ingredient, formulation and additive-related topics including, but not limited, to:
- Animal health and nutrition;
- Traditional and alternative ingredients;
- Formulation solutions;
- Safety and regulatory;
- Processing and production; and,
- International market data, trends and predictions.
Please do not submit an abstract if you are not sure you
will be able to attend VICTAM International 2015.
An advisory board of feed industry experts will evaluate all submissions for:
- Relevance of topic;
- Presence of new or innovative information, concepts or research; originality is key, so please be sure your abstract gives a good idea of how your topic is unique and/or based on new research findings or work not found elsewhere;
- Proposed speaker’s experience or background with the topic;
- Lack of commercialization or promotion — it is crucial that the paper/presentation does not come across as a sales pitch, seeking to promote your organization or product(s);
- Evidence of previous speaking experience.
Each submission is evaluated on its own merits against these
criteria but also in relation to other papers received and to how many
sessions are scheduled for a given topic area, e.g. it is highly unlikely two
papers on the same or a very similar subject would be selected for
presentations. We seek to present a balance of timely topics as well as ensure
particular areas of high industry importance and popularity are sufficiently
No abstract will be considered if it seems commercial or if it has been published or presented prior to FIAAP 2015. Abstracts similar in title or content to previously presented material should include significant new information.
How to submit
Please submit your abstract by email to Jackie Roembke, editor of Feed International magazine, at email@example.com, with “FIAAP 2015 oral presentation abstract” specified in the subject line of the email or clearly in the email or abstract itself.
Abstracts must be written in English and should be sent as Microsoft Word documents.
Try to keep the abstract to no more than 300 words; however, the length of the abstract is less important than the need for it to sufficiently explain the topic, especially how it is unique or based on new information. The potential speaker’s expertise in or knowledge of the topic should also be clear. Finally, it is helpful to include a concise list of three to five useful “take-home points.”
We recommend organizing the body of the abstract as follows:
- Abstract title and name, title and organization of corresponding author/potential speaker;
- The purpose/objective of the presentation;
- A concise list of 3-5 useful take-home points;
- Information presented in sufficient detail to support the conclusions and take-home points, plus how the topic is unique or based on new information;
- A 50-100 word biography of the potential presenter, including expertise on the topic submitted. Public speaking experience must be included;
- Address, telephone number and email address of the corresponding author.
- Abstracts must be received no later than November 1. After this deadline, any papers submitted will be considered on a case-by-case basis. They may still be evaluated; or it may simply be too late.
After submissions are reviewed
If your abstract is chosen for an oral presentation, you will receive a PowerPoint template to use to create your presentation, including a set range of number of slides and recommended amount of information or bullet points to include on each slide. Please use and follow this template.
Authors will be required to sign a copyright release to permit publication of the abstract.
FIAAP exhibitions and conferences cover the ingredients and additives used within the formulation of animal feeds and are attended by senior executives from all over the world. The conference is geared toward the interests of nutritionists, veterinarians, feed formulators, CEOs, feed mill directors, integrators, co-operatives, hatcheries, etc.
The 6th FIAAP International Conference will take place June 9, 2015, in Cologne, Germany, and will be co-located with VICTAM International together with the 8th Aquafeed Horizons Conference on June 9, 2015, and Petfood Forum Europe on June 10, 2015. The 2015 VICTAM International event combines the FIAAP, VICTAM and GRAPAS exhibitions (and their respective conferences) under one roof at Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany, June 9-11, 2015.