House of Raeford Farms is pleased to award 14 deserving students with funding for college through its 7th Annual House of Raeford Farms Scholarship Program as well as the Marvin and Grace Johnson Poultry Science Scholarship Endowment at North Carolina State University (NCSU).
“One of our company’s most important community outreach objectives is youth development,” said House of Raeford Farms CEO & Owner Bob Johnson. “Offering educational assistance to children of our employees and others is one way we fulfill this mission. By investing in the education of our young adults, we are planting a seed for their future success.”
The selection criteria for each $2,500 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship includes academic record, demonstrated leadership, participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, and a statement of goals and aspirations.
Awardees for a $4,000 Marvin and Grace Johnson Poultry Science Scholarship are students majoring in Poultry Science at NCSU, with a priority given to students from geographic areas where House of Raeford has operations.
House of Raeford would like to congratulate the following 13 recipients of the 2020 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship and announce their plans for the future:
- Vanessa Garcia, daughter of Julie Rojo of the Filet of Chicken division attending the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Lesley Hernandez Escobedo, daughter of Maria Escobedo Martinez of the Wallace division attending University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
- Chase Rikard, son of Angela Rikard of the Leesville division attending Clemson University.
- Charlie Combs, son of Neal Combs of the Rose Hill division attending Cape Fear Community College.
- Megan Paul, daughter of Tammie Baxley of the Hemingway division attending Florence-Darlington Technical College.
- Carlos Gutierrez, son of Carlos Gutierrez Posadas of the Rose Hill division attending Sampson Community College.
- Ashtin Lanier, daughter of Gregory Lanier of the Johnson Breeders division attending Appalachian State University.
- Mary Crickmore, daughter of Curtis Crickmore of the Raeford Foods division attending North Carolina State University.
- Jerkeria Jefferson, daughter of Jermario Jefferson of the Arcadia division attending Southern University and Agricultural and Mechanical College.
- Osvaldo Meza Lara, son of Carmen Lara of the Rose Hill division attending East Carolina University.
- Hector Arevalo, son of Martin Arevalo of the Johnson Breeders division attending North Carolina State University.
- Justin Sharpe, son of Brad Sharpe of the Leesville division attending Coastal Carolina University.
- Alicia Santibanez, daughter of Marta Rojo of the Johnson Breeders division attending University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
Gracy Peterson, daughter of Greg Peterson of the Johnson Breeders division, will be attending North Carolina State University, and is a recipient of the Marvin and Grace Johnson Poultry Science Scholarship. Since its inception in 2009, this endowment has provided $106,250 in scholarship funds to deserving students pursuing a career in the poultry industry.
The House of Raeford Farms Scholarship fund has helped students pursue their academic and professional goals by awarding at total of $260,000 to 104 students across six states.
House of Raeford is grateful to be able to offer this benefit to the dependents of our associates. It is rewarding to see the impact the program is having on the lives of young people and their families.
Employees and their families are encouraged to visit the Scholarship Page on House of Raeford’s website for more information on next year’s scholarships, which will open in spring, 2021.