The American Feed Industry Association has appointed William C. Barr as chairman.
Barr, the president of Bill Barr & Company Inc., succeeds StevenVanRoekel, the president and CEO of Ridley Inc. The terms of chairman and past chairman are one year. The board also voted Alan Gunderson as chairman-elect; the vice president of Vita Plus Corporation will succeed Barr in May 2012.
The following individuals were elected to three-year terms on the AFIA board and began their service with the May Board meeting:
- David Probert, ADM Alliance Nutrition Inc.
- Gary Cooper, Cooper Farms Inc.
- Ivan Pedigo, Gold River Feed Products
- Mike Nicoletti, Penny Newman
- Alan Gunderson, Vita Plus Corporation
- Steve Boehmer, Westway Feed Products LLC
- Rich Dwyer, Kent Feeds
- Steve Brody, Pioneer, A Dupont Company
- Ken Vaupel, Alfagreen Supreme
- Nathan Yates, Corn Products International Inc.
- Paul Phillips, Maxi-Lift Inc.
- Bill Braman, Chr. Hansen Animal Health and Nutrition
- Herald Scherf, DSM Nutritional Products Inc.
- John Thompson, Evonik Industries
- Wendy Plocher, FMC Corporation
- Greg Kean, WellPet LLC
The following individuals joined AFIA’s executive committee:
- Jeffrey Cannon, Diamond V Mills Inc.
- RB Halaby, AgriCapital Corporation
- Lee Hall, Hallway Feeds
- Tracy Harris, Central Life Sciences
- Mike Osborne, Nutra Blend LLC
- Mark McCulley, The HANOR Family of Companies
The following individuals were elected to the Institute of Feed Education and Research board of trustees:
- Mark Lyons, Alltech Inc.
- Eddie Wells, Milk Specialties Global